Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mika & Maya Play Centre

I always try to find something different to "cheer" my bunnies up.

Read and gathered the info from books, www, friends, pet shops, own experience; Realized that there are not much of entertainment for bunnies.

Well, bunnies don't play like a puppy does. They can't play fetch, oh may be they can? You can't walk a bunny like you walk your dog.

I've tried this on Mika, but what "she" did was just standing there nervously. Poor thing Mika. My walking-bunny-plan failed.














So, to entertain your bunnies, you'll need to be close with them first.

Lie down and watch their every move. Study them. Dig out their secrets - the dirty ones. *evil laugh

I used the method called "throw-and-test". Well, it is as simple as throwing something infront of them, and test their responses.

I found out Mika doesn't like blankets....Well, this is "her" little dirty secret. When "she" lays on the floor lazily, i will start to "cheer her up".

Purposely place the blanket/towel infront of "her". "She" just couldn't resist and will start to push and drag away the blanket.

That's so adorable.

Yep, i know...it's sounds like entertaining me more, but I just enjoy watching how she pushes it away.
What a sweet pie~~





And about Maya's little dirty secret. She won't approach you unless she senses food on you. Well, I used to feed them a bit of yogurt as a treat.


Purposely put her behind the fences, put my hand out of her cage until she couldn't reach me, and she will run around the fences crazily and try to get out, or even try to lick my fingers.

It's also quite entertaining to me while looking at how she runs around. Of course, after that, she was able to get her treat at last.

Well, i know....it's sounds like entertaining me more again. Here'e the video taken during her carrot time. See how aggressive she was




=)

But who knows, Perhaps Mika and Maya are also enjoy the game that i designed based on their preferences?

4 comments:

  1. You have to love the stretching for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mika lets you pick her up so easily! That's so nice!!

    Hans likes digging and rearranging towels too. Buttons & Yohji love chewing on wooden chew toys and cardboard boxes. Buttons also loves tossing things around. Isn't it amusing, the games bunnies play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayaya, Mika is the best bunny in the world. (for me). =) "she" really melted my heart.

    Isn't it sweet to see how they busy arranging the blanket? I couldn't get the best shot, Mika can arrange it for quite sometimes.

    Mika learnt digging from Maya. They sometimes like to dig inside their litter tray.

    Buttons, Yohji and Hans are so cute~ Hans has a very beautiful color.

    Mika and Maya don't chew the wooden toys i had bought, they prefer to chew on cables, shoes, bags, newspaper....

    Mika enjoy tossing too. Perhaps i should share the video of "she" tossing things. That's too cute to describe in words ~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blogs the other day.

    Your bunnies are lovely and very sweet tempered. I love how particular they are about their space. Fidget is the same way and loves pushing and pulling towels i put in her cage when she's not out creating havoc.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger